For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.
Enter one or more keywords related to your search.

Rhede (Ems) (268...)

Identity Card

There are 18 services for Identity Card

When your ID card expires, you will need to apply for a new one if you are over 16 years old and do not have a valid passport document.
With the temporary identity card, for example, you can bridge the time until a regular identity card is issued. Your temporary identity card is valid for a maximum of 3...
If you have German citizenship, you can apply for an identity card.
If you are under the age of 16, your parents or guardians can apply for an identity card for you.
As a person with German citizenship and permanent residence abroad, you are not subject to the general obligation to register and therefore not to the identification requirement...
You divorced and then had your family name changed? Then you will need to apply for a new identity card if you do not have a valid passport document with the new name.
You got married and therefore changed your name? Then you will need to apply for a new identity card if you do not have a valid passport document with the new name.If your...
Once you are 16 years old, you must have a valid identity document that can be used to establish your identity. As a rule, this is an identity card or a passport.
If the electronic proof of identity has been activated, the blocking in the event of loss or theft of the identity card shall be arranged with the competent authority.
Your data in the identity card must always be up-to-date. You can apply for a new one at your identity card office at your main residence. This is usually the B├╝rgeramt. You...
German citizens who have reached the age of 16 are obliged to have a valid identity card if the obligation to show id cannot be fulfilled by holding a valid passport and if they...
If the address on the identity card has changed because the holder has moved, he or she must not only register the new residencewithin one week, but also have the address...
Your new identity card is ready for collection at the responsible identity card authority. You can pick him up in person or with a pick-up power of attorney on your behalf.
Every citizen is obliged to report the lost identity card immediately. The competent authority is determined by the reason: Notification of theft Notification due to loss ...
If the IDENTITY card is no longer traceable or has been lost, the loss must be displayed immediately (loss display). It may be necessary to block the electronic proof of...
If an identity card is found after a loss report, this shall be communicated to the competent authority and presented to the competent authority.
The theft of an identity card must be reported to the competent authority. It may be necessary to block the electronic proof of identity. A new identity card must also be issued.
The processing status of the identity card can be requested from the competent authority.
Top of the Page