Apply for infection protection instruction including certificate
If you want to produce, treat or place food on the market in kitchens of restaurants or in mass catering facilities, you must have a certificate of successful participation in an instruction on infection protection measures by the health department that is not older than three months old.
The aim of the instruction is to enable you to detect symptoms of infectious diseases in you or your colleagues at an early stage, to prevent further spread and contamination of food and to assess when you are no longer allowed to carry out your work in the event of certain symptoms.
You will take part in a lecture. After filling out the application with your data, video sequences will be played to you. Based on the video sequences, you have to answer questions below. Incorrectly answered questions can be repeated. As soon as you have answered all questions correctly, you must confirm that you have been instructed in accordance with the Infection Protection Act and that you are not aware of any facts for a ban on activity. After completion of the instruction and payment of the fee, the certificate will be sent to you.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the local health departments of the districts and independent cities.
- You are pursuing an activity in which you come into contact with food and are not yet in possession of a valid certificate of infection protection instruction.
- They show no signs of infectious disease.
Which documents are required?
- Valid ID with photo (for example, identity card or passport)
- When applying for cost exemption: proof of your activity and the employer
What are the fees?
In the following cases, the fee is waived, please apply for the cost exemption if you need the instruction as
- pupils of a general education school and pupils of a vocational school who attend one of the types of school pursuant to §§ 16 to 19 NSchG, for the purposes of a vocational orientation measure,
- pupil, legal guardian for the purpose of serving breakfast breaks at school,
- Person for the purpose of preparing lunch meals and distributing them to pupils at an all-day school, insofar as this activity is carried out on a voluntary basis,
- a person for the purpose of preparing meals and distributing them to children in care in a day care centre, insofar as this activity is carried out on a voluntary basis, or
- Field cook, field cook or assistant for activities in field kitchens within the framework of civil protection or civil protection.
Fee: 26,00 EURPayment in advance: NoInstruction and certification are usually subject to a fee.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Before you take up an activity in food preparation or food sales, the instruction according to IfSG must be available, and it must not be older than three months at the start of activity.
There is no possibility of a legal remedy.
What else should I know?
If you regularly stay in kitchens or similar common rooms for catering, you also need an infection protection instruction
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.