For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Private university: recognition

If you want to operate a private (non-governmental) university as a free agency, you need state recognition from the ministry responsible for higher education. Only state-recognised universities may use a corresponding designation (university, university, university of applied sciences), take university examinations and award university degrees.

The establishment of a foreign university also requires state recognition by the ministry responsible for the subject. Establishments of state or state-recognised higher education institutions from Member States of the European Union could be considered recognised under certain conditions, their establishment must be notified six months in advance.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page