Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Applying for support from an integration service for a person with disabilities

In certain cases, rehabilitation providers may commission integration services to carry out benefits for participation in working life.

The integration service helps you to find a new job or to secure your existing employment relationship if the responsible rehabilitation provider has commissioned him accordingly.

If your employment agency is the responsible rehabilitation provider, it will also cover the costs incurred by commissioning the integration service.

The integration service supports and accompanies you individually during the placement. This includes, inter alia, that he:

  • develops achievable professional goals with you and supports you in your search for a suitable job or training place,
  • procures a suitable job or training place for you and prepares you for the job or training place,
  • Supports and accompanies you during the training period.

When it comes to career support, the Integration Service supports you in the event of problems at work or training. This includes, for example,

  • support and training at the workplace or training place,
  • advice if the organisation of work or the working conditions in your company change, or
  • consulting or negotiation with different levels of operation.

There is a nationwide network of integration services. There is at least one such service in each district of an employment agency.

Process flow

In order to be supported by an integration service, you must contact your employment agency. To do so, please take the following steps:

  • Make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation team of your Employment Agency
  • If you do not yet have a personal contact person, make an appointment via the ServiceHotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
  • In a personal conversation, you will clarify together whether support from the integration service is suitable for you.
  • If your advisor determines that the support of an integration service helps you to participate in working life, he or she commissions an integration service for you.
  • Your advisor will also discuss with you the forms you need to fill out. You can also fill in the documents online.


  • You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
  • Your prospects of participating or returning to work are not only temporarily reduced due to the nature or severity of your disability and you therefore need help to participate in working life.
    • Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same professional consequences.
  • You need special support in finding employment or securing your existing job or training place.

Which documents are required?

When contacting your advisor, please ask which documents you need in detail.

What are the fees?


What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Objection Deadline: 1 Month
An objection may be lodged within one month of notification of the decision.

Processing duration

Processing usually takes several weeks. Once the service has been approved, the aim is to commission the integration service and start the measure in coordination with it as soon as possible.

Applications / forms

Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: Yes
Online services available: Yes


Objection to the Employment Agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the respective notification.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)