Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Applying for support from a specialist integration service for a person with disabilities

In certain cases, rehabilitation providers may commission specialist integration services to provide services for participation in working life.

The Integration Service will help you to find a new job or to secure your existing employment relationship if the responsible rehabilitation provider has instructed you to do so.

If your employment agency is the responsible rehabilitation provider, it will also cover the costs incurred by commissioning the integration specialist service.

The Integration Service will support and accompany you individually during the placement. This includes, among other things, that he

  • works with you to develop achievable professional goals and supports you in your search for a suitable job or apprenticeship,
  • procures a suitable job or apprenticeship for you and prepares you for the job or apprenticeship,
  • supports and accompanies you during the training period.

The Integration Service will support you in the event of problems at your job or training place. This includes, for example,

  • support and training at the workplace or training place,
  • advice if the organisation of work or the working conditions in your company change, or
  • consultation and negotiation with various levels of the company.

There is a nationwide network of integration services. There is at least one such service in each district of an employment agency.

Process flow

In order for you to be supported by an integration specialist service, you must contact your employment agency. To do this, please take the following steps:

  • Make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation team of your employment agency
  • If you do not yet have a personal contact person, please make an appointment via the service hotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
  • In a personal meeting, you will clarify together whether support from the Integration Service is an option for you.
  • If your counsellor determines that the support of an integration specialist service helps you to participate in working life, he or she will assign an integration specialist service for you.
  • Your advisor will also discuss the forms you need to fill out with you. You can also fill out the documents online.


  • You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
  • Your prospects of participating or re-participating in working life are not only temporarily reduced because of the nature or severity of your disability, and you therefore need help to participate in working life.
    • Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same professional consequences.
  • You need special support in finding employment or in securing your existing job or training place.

Which documents are required?

When you contact your advisor, please ask which documents you need in detail.

What are the fees?


What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Objection Deadline: 1 Month
An objection may be lodged within one month of notification of the decision.

Processing duration

The processing usually takes several weeks. Once the benefit has been approved, the aim is to commission the integration service and start the measure in coordination with it as soon as possible.

Applications / forms

Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: Yes
Online services available: Yes


Appeal to the Employment Agency, which issued the decision. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the respective notice.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)