Compensation for disabled military service: grant
Did you suffer a military service injury during your membership of the Bundeswehr? Then you can receive benefits under the Soldiers' Benefits Act upon application. Pension benefits may also be eligible for widows, half-orphans and orphans and, under certain conditions, for surviving parents.
Damage to military service is damage to health caused in particular by military service, an accident during the performance of military service or conditions peculiar to that service.
The type and amount of benefits are determined in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Pension Act. The catalogue of benefits of the Federal Pension Act includes:
- Treatment and treatment for the sick
- orthopaedic care
- Vocational rehabilitation Pensions for injured and survivors (independent of income and income-dependent)
- Lump sum payment/basic pension compensation
- Welfare benefits (based on social assistance, youth welfare and employment promotion)
- Death and funeral benefits
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the branch office of the Lower Saxony State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Family, which is responsible for your place of residence.
Which documents are required?
- if the application is submitted in writing: birth certificate or civil status data confirmed by a Bundeswehr office
- if the application is submitted in person: present your identity card or passport.
- Confirmation of registration
- any medical documents in your possession (e.g. expert opinions)
- If applicable, power of attorney, supervisor card or certificate of appointment
- if applicable, certificate from the health insurance fund, if an insurance relationship continued during military service
What are the fees?
There are no fees.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Pension benefits shall commence at the earliest upon termination of employment if the application is submitted within one year of termination of employment. During their period of service, soldiers may be entitled to compensation for military service damage from the authorities of the Bundeswehr administration.
What else should I know?
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Family
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.