Children's passport issuance
The issuance of a children's passport must be applied for and is valid for children up to the age of 12. No biometric data is collected when applying.
Depending on the destination country, a passport with biometric data may be required. In this case, the child must apply for an electronic passport (ePassport) for minors (see Passport issuance for minors for the first time).
From the age of 10, the signature must be included on the children's passport.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the municipality, the Joint Community and the city in which the main residence is.
- Presence of the child for identity verification
- If the child cannot be present in person, only a temporary document will be issued.
- At the latest when the document is issued, an identity check must be carried out by the responsible authority, otherwise the children's passport will not be handed over.
Which documents are required?
- old child ID card or passport (if available) or birth certificate of the child
- consent (declaration) of the legal guardians; Proof of custody in the case of only one legal guardian
- Current biometrics-compatible photograph, in passport format (45 x 35 mm) in portrait format, frontal shot without border, without headgear and without covering the eyes
What are the fees?
Fee: 13,00 EURPayment in advance: Nofor the exhibition
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of the Interior and Sport