For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Parenting, marriage, family and life counselling

Children, adolescents, parents and other guardians may contact the competent authority for parenting, personal or family-related problems, and issues and conflicts relating to separations and divorces.

Depending on the age of the child or adolescent, the reason for visiting a counselling centre may be developmental delays, sleep, eating and speech disorders or anxiety. In school age, performance and behavioural problems often occur, which can increase in intensity during puberty. Parents often feel overwhelmed with parenting responsibilities.

But also relationship difficulties of the parents, problems with separation and divorce often require the professional help and support of the competent body.

Parents and other guardians have a legal right to parental advice. Children and adolescents can also visit a counselling centre without the presence of their parents.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page