Application for a permit to use a professional or further education title on the basis of domestic or foreign training or further education or notification of a corresponding service provision
The Lower Saxony State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Family is responsible for issuing permission to use the professional or further education title in the so-called health professions on the basis of domestic or foreign training or further education or for the notification of a corresponding service provision for the following professions (exhaustive list):
- Geriatric nurse
- Anesthesia technician assistant
- Occupational therapist
- Specialist for management tasks in nursing
- Specialist in social psychiatric care
- Early Intervention Specialist - Family Midwife or Early Intervention Specialist - Family Health Care
- Specialist in intensive care and anaesthesia care
- Oncological Nursing Specialist
- Psychiatric Nursing Specialist
- Specialist in surgical and endoscopic care
- Specialist for hygiene and infection prevention in nursing
- Specialist in paediatric intensive care and anaesthesia care
- Health and paediatric nurse
- Midwife/maternity nurse
- Speech therapist
- Massage therapist and medical lifeguard
- Medical-technical laboratory assistant
- Medical-technical radiology assistant
- Medical-technical assistant in functional diagnostics
- Surgical assistant
- Nursing specialist
- Pharmaceutical-technical assistant
Please contact us if you have any questions in connection with the granting of a permit to use the professional or further education title, training or further education completed abroad, the issuance of certificates for use abroad, the loss of professional or further training certificates or the notification of service provision.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Lower Saxony State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Family - Lüneburg branch.
- Nds. State Office for Social Affairs, Youth & Family
Auf der Hude 2
Phone: 04131 – 15 – 0
Telephone availability only Monday to Thursday between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. and between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. - Fridays and on days before Lower Saxony public holidays only between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
Which documents are required?
Documents are required. Further information can be found on the following websites:
In the case of domestic education:https://soziales.niedersachsen.de/startseite/soziales_amp_gesundheit/gesundheit_und_pflege/nichtarztliche_heilberufe/gesundheitsfachberufe/erlaubniserteilung-in-gesundheitsfachberufen-208579.html
In the case of domestic training: https://soziales.niedersachsen.de/startseite/soziales_gesundheit/gesundheit_und_pflege/nichtarztliche_heilberufe/weiterbildung_in_gesundheitsfachberufen/weiterbildungen-in-gesundheitsfachberufen-208477.html
In the case of foreign education or training: Recognition procedure for training completed abroad | Nds. State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Family (niedersachsen.de)
What are the fees?
You will receive a corresponding fee notice. Different fees apply:
- According to the Lower Saxony Fee Schedule, a permit will always cost you 53.00 euros.
- Certificates for submission abroad or replacement permits will be billed according to the actual expenditure. You have to expect costs between 53.00 and 100.00 euros.
- If you have completed your training or further education abroad, additional fees will be charged for the equivalence test (assessment notice). The amount of the fee for a declaratory decision always depends on the actual amount of work. If an automatic "EU equivalence" is determined in accordance with the requirements of the Nursing Professions Act or the Midwifery Act, you must expect costs of approx. 60 euros. Only for the area of care: In the case of a voluntary waiver, the costs for a declaratory notice are approx. 100 euros. In all other procedures, you must expect costs of approx. 200 euros. In order for the content of your training to be evaluated, external expert opinions may be required. The central expert opinion office in Bonn currently charges a fee of 515 euros per expert opinion. These costs are disbursed by us, but must be reimbursed by you – in addition to the fees of the assessment notice.
Please note that processing fees may also be incurred in whole or in part if the application is rejected or withdrawn. If you are resident outside Germany and there is no billing address in Germany, you must expect that the expenses for necessary expert opinions as well as the approximate costs of the procedure will have to be paid by you in advance and that the application will only be processed after receipt of payment. Costs for translations, compensatory measures, etc. are also to be borne by you, but cannot be quantified by us.
Fee: 53,00 - 100,00 EURPayment in advance: No
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There are no deadlines to observe.
Applications / forms
Applications must be submitted informally.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Family
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.