For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Parental allowance permit

The parental allowance is paid to the father and mother for a maximum of 14 months, both of which can freely divide the period among themselves. One parent can receive parental allowance for a maximum of twelve months alone, and two more months are reserved for the other parent. Furthermore, for the receipt of parental allowance for a total of 14 months, a parent has a reduction in earned income for at least two months.

As of 01.07.2015, the "Parental Benefit Plus" will make parental allowance and parental leave much more flexible than before.

For each sibling, the parental allowance increases, as does the Parental Benefit Plus, by 300.00 Euros per month.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page