Apply for integration assistance for adults with disabilities and for children and adolescents with physical and mental disabilities
The benefits of integration assistance are intended to enable the full participation of people with disabilities in all areas of social life.
The benefits of integration assistance are divided into 4 benefit groups:
- Medical rehabilitation services
- Benefits for participation in education
- Benefits for participation in working life
- Benefits for social participation
Among other things, the services can help you to cope with the tasks of daily life. These include, for example:
- Leisure activities
- Promotion of private contacts and hobbies
- Administrative procedures (preparation and support), unless the task of a legal guardian
- Support at school, university or for further training at work
- Support in the daycare center
- Promoting understanding
The services are individually designed. They are subordinate to the benefits of other social benefit and rehabilitation providers (e.g. health insurance fund, pension insurance institution, employment agency, accident insurance institution).
The costs of the benefits are borne by the competent institution of integration assistance. Your income or assets can be taken into account.
You can apply for integration assistance from the institution responsible for you.
- You should contact the institution responsible for integration assistance.
- There you will be advised or you can submit an informal application right away.
- The competent authority may ask you to fill out a form and submit further documents.
- The authority carries out a participation procedure, an overall plan procedure or both procedures in order to determine your individual need for integration assistance and possible further participation benefits. You can request that a person you trust be involved in the overall planning process.
- Once all documents have been submitted, the competent authority will check whether and which benefits you will receive on the basis of your information and the needs assessment. This also includes checking whether and to what extent your income and assets are taken into account.
- After your application has been reviewed, you will receive a decision.
You can receive integration assistance benefits if:
- you have a disability or
- you are at risk of disability and
- As a result, they are significantly restricted in their daily lives.
You can also apply for integration assistance for persons who represent you within the framework of legal care, guardianship, or as authorised representatives or custodians.
Which documents are required?
- You must submit an application to the competent authority. This can be informal.
- Please contact the office responsible for you to find out which additional documents you need to submit. It may be that the authority asks you to use a form.
What are the fees?
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
If the authority was unable to provide a service that could not be postponed on time and you have incurred costs for a self-procured service as a result, the authority must reimburse you for these costs if the service was necessary. The same applies if the authority has wrongly rejected a benefit.
The processing time of your application depends on various factors. Please contact your responsible institution of integration assistance, which can provide you with more detailed information on the duration of the procedure.
However, the authority to which you have submitted your application must determine within 2 weeks of receipt of the application whether it is responsible for your application. If the authority is not competent, it shall forward your application to the competent authority without delay. You will be informed about the forwarding.
If the authority does not forward your application, it must identify and provide your need for assistance as soon as possible.
If an expert opinion is necessary to determine your needs, the authority must decide within 2 weeks as soon as the expert opinion is available to the authority.
If the authority does not need to obtain an expert opinion, it will decide within 3 weeks after your application has been received.
- Objection within one month of notification of the administrative act
- Action before the Social Court within one month of notification of the notice of objection
Another point of contact for integration assistance benefits for adults:
Lower Saxony State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Family
Phone: 05121 304-0
Fax: 05121 304611
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.