apply for the inclusion of a body of water or section of water in the list of regularly dry waters
They can indicate bodies of water or stretches of water as regularly drying, which are regularly water-bearing for less than six months of the year. After receipt and appropriate check for plausibility of the notification, the waters or the sections of water are included in the list of dry waters.
Waters that have been included in the list of dry waters are excluded from the regulations on the establishment of watercourse margins.
It is possible that the body of water or section of water that you want to display has already been added to the list of dry waters. These bodies of water or sections of water can be found on the corresponding interactive environmental map of the Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy and Climate Protection. The interactive environmental map is updated monthly.
- You submit your notification to the Lower Saxony State Agency for Water Management, Coastal Protection and Nature Conservation (NLWKN).
- On the basis of the notification received and on the basis of individual criteria, the NLWKN checks for plausibility whether the water body or section of water could be dry.
- After appropriate plausibility checks, the NLWKN includes the water body or the section of water in the list of regularly dry water bodies or rejects the notification.
- The body of water or section of water is regularly water-bearing for less than six months a year.
- The water body or the section of water is not a flowing water according to Annex 1 No. 2.1 of the Ordinance on the Protection of Surface Waters (OGewV) (WFD relevant
- The body of water or section of water is not located in a karst area
Which documents are required?
- Notification of the inclusion of a body of water or section of water in the list of regularly dry waters.
- If water (section) is not yet in the digital water network: Supplement Notification for reporting changes and additions to the water network
What are the fees?
Fee: free of charge
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline.
After receipt of your advertisement, you will receive a confirmation of receipt within a few days.
The processing time of your ad varies from a few weeks to a few months, depending on the volume of the ads.
What else should I know?
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony State Agency for Water Management, Coastal Protection and Nature Conservation (NLWKN)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.