Apply for recognition as a certified specialist for employment and career promotion
The examination for the recognised advanced training qualification Certified Specialist for Employment and Career Promotion is intended to prove the expansion of the professional ability to act aimed at career advancement.
The test shall be carried out by the competent authority. By expanding the professional capacity to act, the Certified Specialist for Work and Vocational Promotion should be able to carry out person-centred vocational training and employment measures as well as work-related measures for disabled people in order to enable them to participate in working life.
The successfully passed examination leads to the recognized advanced training qualification "Certified Specialist for Employment and Career Promotion".
The application for admission to this training can be submitted electronically to the competent authority. As a rule, the applications are received and passed on by the training body.
The competent authority checks the relevant data and documents in accordance with the Vocational Training Act.
If necessary, the competent authority will contact you via the training body on the basis of queries, additional requests for documents or rectification of deficiencies.
At the end of the procedure, you will receive a corresponding letter of admission from the competent authority. At the same time, the training body receives a notification of admission and costs. The responsible examination board will be informed by the training body, if necessary with documents relevant to the examination as an order for the acceptance of the examination.
Who should I contact?
Lower Saxony State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Family
Auf der Hude 2
1) You have a permanent residence in Lower Saxony or are employed by an employer in Lower Saxony.
You can prove the necessary qualification in different ways:
a) You have successfully passed a final examination in accordance with the Vocational Training Act or you can prove that you have taken a final examination in a training occupation recognised under the Crafts Code followed by at least two years of relevant professional experience.
b) You can prove that you have successfully passed a final examination in a health profession regulated on the basis of a professional licensing law or a three-year profession in health and social services regulated by state law. In both cases, you will need at least two years of relevant professional experience.
c) You can prove that you have successfully completed a relevant university degree and that you have at least two years of relevant professional experience.
d) You can prove that you have at least six years of professional experience.
2) With regard to the required professional experience, you must prove six months in areas of responsibility that are significantly related to the tasks of a Certified Specialist for Employment and Career Promotion.
3) You may also be admitted to the examination if you credibly demonstrate, by submitting certificates or in any other way, that you have acquired skills, knowledge and abilities that are comparable to your professional capacity to act and that justify admission to the examination.
Which documents are required?
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Proof of vocational training and at least two years of professional experience
- or proof of a successfully passed final examination in a health profession regulated on the basis of a professional licensing law
- or proof of a successfully passed final examination in a three-year profession in the health and social care sector regulated by state law and a subsequent at least two years of relevant professional practice
- or proof of successfully completed relevant university studies and subsequent at least two years of relevant professional experience
- or proof of at least six years of professional experience
- 6 months of professional experience to be proven must have significant references to the tasks of a specialist for the promotion of work and employment.
- Project work, if already known
What are the fees?
Fee: 330,00 EURPayment in advance: NoCash Register: wird im Gebührenbescheid genanntThe fees are to be paid after a fee notice has been sent. The amount of 330 euros is divided into 300 euros examination fee and 30 euros admission fee.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Registration for the examination must be submitted in writing or in electronic form to the competent authority at least six weeks before the start of the respective examination.
2 to 4 weeks
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
The applicant will receive an appealable decision. This can be used to bring an action before the administrative court.
In case of doubt, the competent authority will refer the case to the competent examination board for further decision. The applicant will receive a submission information about this.
What else should I know?
The Lower Saxony State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Family is responsible for conducting the examination for the recognised qualification "Certified Specialist for Employment and Vocational Promotion" and has issued a corresponding examination regulation on the basis of the decision of the Vocational Training Committee of 22.11.2021. The current examination dates and the complete examination regulations are available for download here.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Labour, Health and Equality
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.