Dental examination, apply for admission
Dental education includes a state examination. To be admitted to the exam, you must register in writing.
Proof of having passed the third section of the dental examination is a prerequisite for obtaining a licence to practise dentistry.
Dental training includes
- a degree in dentistry of ten semesters;
- training in first aid;
- a nursing service of one month,
- a clinical traineeship of four weeks and
- the dental examination, which must be taken in three sections.
The standard period of study, including examination periods, is five years and six months at an academic university.
The first section of the dental examination is taken at the end of the fourth semester of the dentistry degree programme at the earliest. The second section of the dental examination is taken at the earliest at the end of the second semester of the study of dentistry after passing the first section of the dental examination. The third section of the dental examination is taken at the earliest at the end of the fourth semester of the study of dentistry after passing the second section of the dental examination.
You must apply for admission to the medical examination in writing.
Submit your application with the required documents to the competent authority.
Who should I contact?
Lower Saxony Association for the Granting of Licenses (NiZzA)
- Dept. 2 State Examination Office (LPA), Nobelring 4, 30627 Hannover
(For e-mail enquiries, a telephone number is requested)
The examinations are taken in front of a state examination board (examination board).
Which documents are required?
Among other things, you must enclose the following with your application for admission to the examination:
- the birth certificate, in the case of married persons and registered life partners, also the marriage or civil partnership certificate
- a photograph
- the study book or corresponding study documents
- the university entrance qualification (secondary school leaving certificate)
- the testimony of terminology
- Proof of recognised internships
- Certificates of participation in the courses
- Proof of training in first aid
- the certificate of the nursing service
Further documents may be mentioned in the application forms.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Dates of the State Examinations
The current dates can be found on the website of the IMPP (www.impp.de) as well as on the notices at the universities.
Applications / forms
Forms available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Labour, Health and Equality
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.