Adapting geodata and metadata for geodata services in the field of water networks
If you notice that the digital water network does not correspond to local conditions, you can report it. This is done in the form of adapting, supplementing or deleting data (geodata or metadata) on a body of water at the Lower Saxony State Agency for Water Management, Coastal Protection and Nature Conservation. This data is then updated in the digital water network. The water network is a database of water bodies within the state of Lower Saxony. Please note that all the necessary information is available. This includes the coordinates of the water section, the name of the water body, the water body code, the connection to the digital water network and, if necessary, the location sketch and query about regular drying up of the water body. Missing information can be found online in the Lower Saxony Environmental Map. Your ad is free of charge.
- If you have geodata or metadata for geodata services in the area of water networks, you can report them to the Lower Saxony State Agency for Water Management, Coastal Protection and Nature Conservation.
- You can also apply for the information in writing, for which you can find the necessary documents on the website of the Lower Saxony State Agency for Water Management, Coastal Protection and Nature Conservation.
- All up-to-date and relevant information is available on the website of the Lower Saxony Environmental Map.
- An online service is also available for this purpose. You will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt after submitting your online application.
- The competent authority shall examine whether the conditions for the provision of spatial data and metadata are necessary for spatial data services in the field of water networks.
- You will receive a rejection notification or, if applicable, a confirmation of receipt or notification from the authority.
- In principle, geodata must have a direct or indirect connection to a specific location or geographical area.
- As a rule, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Refer to the Land of Lower Saxony,
2. available in electronic form,
3. Be made available, and
4. Match the theme of waters.
Which documents are required?
- Sketch of the location of the water body (optional)
- Powers of attorney (optional)
What are the fees?
Fee: free of charge
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline.
There is no statutory processing period. It can take up to several months to process.
If you want to have the body of water for which you provide the information included in the list of dry waters, you must also indicate it as regularly drying up.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony State Agency for Water Management, Coastal Protection and Nature Conservation
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.