Report your stay abroad to the Artists' Social Security Fund
You are insured in the German social security system if you live and work within the Federal Republic of Germany.
If you move your place of residence or work abroad, the Künstlersozialkasse (KSK) must check your insurance.
To ensure that your insurance cover is guaranteed and that you can take out additional international insurance if necessary, you should clarify this question before you move or work abroad.
There are no costs for you. If you are planning a longer stay abroad or work abroad, please inform the KSK of the period and reason for your stay abroad.
- Visit the KSK website and fill out the form "Notification of a stay abroad".
- Print out the completed form, sign it and send it to the KSK with the necessary documents about your stay abroad.
- Please answer any queries immediately.
- If you receive a request to report your stay abroad to other offices, please do so immediately.
- You may receive a hearing letter informing you of the effects of your stay abroad.
- If the situation described therein is incorrect or if you are informed of missing documents, please submit the documents or corresponding information immediately.
- -At the end of the procedure, you will receive a notification of your insurance status.
You must currently be subject to compulsory insurance or subsidies through the KSK and have moved your place of residence and/or work abroad.
Which documents are required?
- Contract documents:
- The documents should indicate the activity and the period of the foreign activity.
- They can be an alternative to the contract documents to prove the period of the stay abroad or the work abroad.
- Decision on the insurance status of the health insurance company or the German Liaison Office for Health Insurance - Abroad (DVKA)
- Registration certificate from the residents' registration office
What are the fees?
There are no costs for you.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Inform the KSK of your stay abroad as soon as it has been determined. In any case, however, before the start of your stay abroad.
Depending on the workload, usually 8 weeks.
Applications / forms
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance required: no
- Contradiction. Not all stays abroad have legal implications. If there is a stay abroad with legal implications, you can find detailed information on how to file an objection in the notice.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.