Changing the income estimate at the Artists' Social Security Fund
If you are insured or entitled to subsidies as an artist or self-employed person in journalism through the Artists' Social Security Fund, you can change your income estimate available at the Artists' Social Security Fund at any time.
By submitting a new income estimate, you can adjust your contribution amount to your new situation.
When changing your income estimate, please note the following:
- Always give your income estimate in full euro amounts.
- If you expect a loss, enter EUR 0 as your expected annual income.
- Changes in the income estimate are possible both upwards and downwards.
- Changes in the income estimate are possible several times a year.
As a rule, a change in your income estimate will affect the calculation of contributions from the month following receipt of the notification.
You can submit your request online or by post. Please note that you can only update your income estimate from January to November of each year.
First, determine your new income expectation for the current year on the basis of your income earned so far and taking into account your future order situation.
- Call up the online form on the Federal Portal verwaltung.bund.de. This will guide you step by step through the necessary information that you can enter electronically.
- Note: For the online form, you need a valid ELSTER certificate to log in. Alternatively, you can use your electronic identification document.
- You will need about 10 minutes to complete the online application.
- First, enter your personal details, including your insurance number. These can be found on the letters of the artists' social security fund at the top right.
- On the next page you will first find general information on the topic of "income estimation".
- You can then enter your updated estimated annual earnings.
Notification by post:
- Fill out the PDF form "Notification of change in expected income from work" on the website of the Artists' Social Security Fund.
- Please also state your insurance number. These can be found on the letters of the artists' social security fund at the top right.
- Print out the completed PDF, sign it and send your notification of change to the Artists' Social Security Fund.
The change in your income estimate will be confirmed in writing. You may receive a new contribution notification.
- You must currently be subject to compulsory insurance through the artists' social security fund.
- The income expectation from your artistic or journalistic activity has changed.
Which documents are required?
- Completed online application or PDF form with changed calculation basis
What are the fees?
There are no costs.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Please notify us immediately of any changes in your estimated annual income from artistic or journalistic self-employment. The change can only be taken into account for the current year if it is received in the period from January to November of a year.
Applications / forms
Forms available: Yes
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes
Detailed information on how to file an objection can be found in the notification of the Artists' Social Security Fund.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.