Report your expected annual income to the artists' social security fund
Are you self-employed, artistically or journalistically active and insured or eligible for subsidies through the Artists' Social Insurance Fund (KSK)? In this case, you must report once a year your expected income from your self-employed artistic or journalistic activity.
This information always refers to the coming year and represents the basis for calculating the monthly contributions or grants.
When submitting your income estimate, please note:
- To determine the expected income from work, you take into account your experience from previous profits and losses in recent years as well as the future order situation.
- Always give your income estimate in full euro amounts.
- If you expect a loss, enter EUR 0 as your expected earned income.
If you do not submit the income estimate on time, you will jeopardize your insurance status or your entitlement to a subsidy. In addition, failure to submit the income estimate on time is an administrative offence that can be punished with a fine.
You will receive a letter from the KSK asking you to submit your income declaration. You can do this either online or by post.
If you want to submit your income declaration online:
- Go to the KSK website.
- Go to the "Report annual income online" section.
- Enter your policy number and authentication code (both of which can be found on the prompt for your projected annual income).
- Note that the authentication code is only valid once.
- You will then be presented with the page for submitting your report.
- You will have to enter your annual declaration in euros and repeat the amount again.
- Please check your art area and follow the further information directly on the entry page.
- Finally, please enter your e-mail address, repeat this information in the fields provided and confirm the information for insured persons and the data protection notice.
- You will receive a confirmation of the successful submission of your expected earned income and can also make a printout for your documents at this point.
- At the end of the online registration, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
If you want to submit your income declaration in writing:
- Fill out the form for the submission of the expected earned income in full.
- Pay attention to all the instructions that were sent to you together with the request.
- Sign the form.
- Please do not provide any additional information on the form.
- Send the form to the KSK.
- You will not receive an acknowledgement of receipt for the submission of your report.
- You must currently be subject to compulsory insurance through the KSK.
- The KSK has asked you to submit your income declaration.
Which documents are required?
You do not need to submit any additional documents.
What are the fees?
There is no cost to you.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The expected income from work for the following calendar year must be reported by 1.12.
The report you submit will be stored immediately. You will receive a notification of your new monthly contribution in time for the January fee due date.
Applications / forms
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: yes
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance required: no
- Contradiction. Detailed information on how to file an objection can be found in the January post notice.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.