Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Final subsidy statement from the artists' social security fund

If you are self-employed, artistic or journalistic, you are entitled to subsidies from the Artists' Social Insurance Fund (KSK) under certain conditions. The subsidies cover the costs of your private or voluntary statutory health and long-term care insurance.

You may be eligible for these grants if:

  • are subject to compulsory insurance through the KSK and
    • are exempt from the statutory health and long-term care insurance obligation, or
    • no longer have access to statutory insurance.

You will receive the grants on a monthly basis as a provisional grant. In other words, they are advance payments on top of the final grant.

At the end of each year, you will receive a final grant statement. It is based on

  • your actual contributions to your private or voluntary statutory health and long-term care insurance, and
  • your actual income, if applicable.

The KSK compares the provisionally paid subsidies with the actual entitlement to the grant. This may result in additional payments or reclaims.

If you do not submit the information and documents in time, the KSK will reclaim the provisionally paid grants. In addition, you will lose your current subsidy entitlement.

If you submit the documents subsequently, a late grant settlement is possible. In this case, you can again receive a provisional monthly subsidy.

Process flow

The settlement of your provisional subsidy is possible after you provide proof of your final costs for private or voluntary statutory insurance:

  • For this purpose, you will receive a letter from the KSK with a questionnaire in April.
  • Fill out the questionnaire with the values of the previous year.
  • Check whether you need to send a certificate of monthly contributions in addition to the total amounts.
    • If necessary, request this certificate from your insurance company. A corresponding reference can be found in the letter of the KSK.
  • If you are asked about your final income, please enter the values additionally.
  • Send the completed form and attachments to the KSK.
  • Answer any queries as soon as possible.
  • You will then receive a written statement of your grant for the previous year.

Note: If the KSK has all the necessary information and documents, you can receive the statement of the subsidy earlier. To do this, you must submit the relevant information and documents accordingly earlier. This can be done informally by stating your insurance number.


You must have received subsidies for the expenses of your private or voluntary statutory health and long-term care insurance in the past year.

Which documents are required?

  • Proof of the actual expenses for your private or voluntary statutory health and long-term care insurance. You will usually receive this certificate automatically at the beginning of the year
    • from your private insurance company, or
    • in the case of voluntary insurance from your statutory health insurance company.
  • If applicable, an additional certificate of monthly expenses if you have not received subsidies for the entire year. You can obtain this certificate from your health insurance company on request.

What are the fees?

There is no cost to you.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Deadline for submission of the complete documents for the final grant statement to the KSK:
31.05. of the following year of provisional grants

Processing duration

  • depending on the workload, usually 4 weeks

Applications / forms

Forms: yes

Online procedure possible: no

Written form required: no

Personal appearance required: no


  • Contradiction
    Detailed information on how to file an objection can be found in your notice.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)