Receive compensation and suspend contributions to the artists' social security fund
Are you self-employed as an artist or journalist and are you subject to statutory health and long-term care insurance through the Artists' Social Insurance Fund (KSK)? Then, under certain conditions, you are entitled to compensation benefits.
For the examination of the requirements of
- Sick pay
- sickness benefit in the event of illness of a child,
- Maternity benefit
- Injury allowance
- Transitional allowance or other compensation benefits
the respective service provider is responsible.
Depending on the type of service, the
- the statutory health insurance fund,
- an accident insurance institution, or
- be a statutory pension insurance institution.
If you are entitled to a compensation benefit, you do not need to pay social security contributions via the KSK. In order for the KSK to be able to determine the so-called exemption from contributions, you must indicate the receipt of benefits. In addition, it is best to substantiate this with evidence to avoid additional correspondence.
The exemption from contributions lasts as long as you receive the compensation benefit.
If you are unable to work due to illness (of a child) or pregnancy:
- Contact your attending physician and have your incapacity for work or pregnancy certified.
- You submit this certificate to your local health insurance company.
- Please answer any questions from your health insurance company immediately.
- If you receive a compensation payment, have the beginning and, if applicable, the already known end of the benefit confirmed in writing.
- Submit this certificate to the KSK.
- You will receive confirmation in writing that you have been exempt from contributions.
The entitlement to compensation must have been determined by the competent service provider. The beginning and, if applicable, the end of the benefit must be known.
Which documents are required?
Proof of receipt of the compensation benefit, such as:
- Copy of the notice of approval or
- other letter from the responsible service provider
What are the fees?
There are no costs for you.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Please inform us immediately of the receipt of a compensation benefit.
Depending on the workload, usually 4 weeks.
Applications / forms
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: no
There is no right of appeal.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.