Report a pension to the artists' social security fund
As a person who is subject to compulsory insurance through the Künstlersozialkasse (KSK), you can apply for a pension from the competent pension insurance institution. To do this, you must meet the requirements.
The competent pension insurance institution will inform you about the exact requirements for a pension. After your application, the pension insurance institution will check the requirements. At the end of the procedure, you will receive a notification of your application.
If you receive a pension, your previous insurance obligation with KSK may change:
- If you receive a standard old-age pension ("normal" pension), your previous insurance obligation in the pension insurance ends. Exception: You expressly request that you continue to pay pension insurance contributions.
- If you receive a full pension due to old age or full disability, your contribution amount to the statutory health insurance is reduced. Because of the pension, you are no longer entitled to sickness benefit.
- If you receive a full pension and change it to a partial pension or vice versa, this may also have an impact on your insurance obligation.
If you have received or applied for a pension from the statutory pension insurance:
- Inform the KSK informally that you have applied for a pension.
- If necessary, answer any queries from the pension insurance institution and the KSK immediately.
- Submit a copy of the pension notice to the KSK as soon as possible.
- The KSK provides a PDF form on its website for this purpose.
- Download the PDF form.
- Send the completed and signed form with a copy of your pension notice by post to the KSK address indicated in the form.
- At the end of the procedure, you will receive a written notification of the changes to your insurance obligation.
- You are currently subject to compulsory insurance through the KSK.
- You receive a pension from the statutory pension insurance or have applied for such a pension.
- They continue to work artistically or journalistically on a commercial basis.
Which documents are required?
- Copy of the approval decision of the pension insurance institution
What are the fees?
There are no costs for you.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Inform the KSK immediately about your pension application.
Depending on the workload, usually 4 weeks, when all documents and information are available.
Applications / forms
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
Not all pensions have legal implications. If there is a change with legal effects, you can find detailed information on how to appeal in the decision.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.