Notify the Künstlersozialkasse of the change of health insurance company
As a person who is legally required to take out health and long-term care insurance through the Künstlersozialkasse (KSK), you can choose your health insurance company. You can choose from the following statutory health insurance companies:
- the local health insurance fund of your place of residence or work
- a substitute fund
- a company or guild health insurance fund, if the statutes of the fund provide for it
- the German Pension Insurance Knappschaft-Bahn-See.
The benefits of statutory health and long-term care insurance are largely the same for all health insurance companies. However, there are differences:
- in the amount of the additional contribution,
- in the range of services offered, and
- in the case of additional services or statutory benefits.
The health insurance companies will inform you about their benefits and service offers.
The long-term care insurance funds are affiliated with the health insurance funds. If you change your health insurance company, you will automatically change your long-term care insurance company as well.
The first thing to do is to contact your new health insurance company and register as a member. You can then submit your request online or by post to the Artists' Social Security Fund.
- Call up the online form on the Federal Portal verwaltung.bund.de. This will guide you step by step through the necessary information that you can enter electronically.
- Note: For the online form, you need a valid ELSTER certificate to log in. Alternatively, you can use your electronic identification document.
- You will need about 10 minutes to complete the online application.
- First, enter your personal details, including your insurance number. These can be found on the letters of the artists' social security fund at the top right.
- On the next page, you can then enter your new health insurance company and the time of change.
Notification by post:
- Inform the Künstlersozialkasse of the name and address of your new health insurance company as well as the time of the change.
- Please also state your insurance number. These can be found on the letters of the artists' social security fund at the top right.
Upon receipt of the form or your notification, the Artists' Social Security Fund will check your information. If you have any queries or need further documents, the Künstlersozialkasse will contact you in writing. Finally, the Künstlersozialkasse will confirm your registration with the newly chosen health insurance company in writing.
- statutory health and long-term care insurance through the Artists' Social Security Fund and
- Member of a statutory health insurance company.
Which documents are required?
You do not need to submit any additional documents.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Please inform the Künstlersozialkasse of your change of health insurance immediately.
There is no right of appeal.
What else should I know?
There are no clues or peculiarities.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.