Notify the Artists' Social Insurance Fund of the change in legal form or focus of activity
The determination of the insurance obligation according to the Artists' Social Insurance Act is always made on the basis of the information and documents that you have provided about your self-employed artistic or journalistic activity in the assessment procedure.
If there are changes in the nature of your activities, the focus of your overall activity or the legal form of your activity, the insurance obligation must be reviewed.
The same applies to taking up additional self-employed activities.
Please note that if the artistic or journalistic activity is carried out in the legal form of a legal person or company, it may also have to pay the artists' social security contribution.
You can report a change in your job by
- in the case of the establishment of a GmbH or other company, fill out the corresponding questionnaires on the KSK website as a PDF and print them out,
- in the case of all other changes to the activity, notify them informally.
- If necessary, please attach copies of the evidence of the change to your notice.
- Send everything together to the KSK.
- Please answer any questions as soon as possible.
- Depending on the nature of the change, you may receive written confirmation of the change.
You must currently be subject to compulsory insurance through the Artists' Social Insurance Fund (KSK) and the legal form of your activity or the activity itself must have changed.
Which documents are required?
- Which documents have to be submitted depends on the change.
- If you are setting up a GmbH or other company, please refer to the questionnaires to find out which documents are required.
What are the fees?
There is no cost to you.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Please inform us of the change in your job as soon as possible, if necessary even before it occurs.
Depending on the workload, usually 3 months
Applications / forms
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance required: no
Not all notices of changes to your activity will have legal implications. If there is a change with legal effects, you can find out how to file an objection in the notice.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.