Reimbursement of overpaid pension insurance contributions by the Künstlersozialkasse
Your entire pension insurance contribution will be paid to the German Pension Insurance if you are subject to pension insurance through the Künstlersozialkasse (KSK).
The basis for calculating your pension contribution is the expected income from your self-employed artistic or journalistic activity. You report this expected income to the KSK. When calculating your contributions, your income is only included up to the so-called contribution assessment ceiling.
No contributions to the statutory pension insurance may be paid beyond the contribution assessment ceiling.
If you pay contributions to the statutory pension insurance from different insurance relationships, there may be an overpayment. This means that they pay more than the contribution assessment ceiling actually allows. In this case, the overpayment will be compensated subsequently:
- Your remuneration will be reduced proportionately and
- You will receive a refund of your overpaid contributions.
If you have paid higher contributions than the contribution assessment ceiling actually allows, your remuneration is usually automatically reduced and the overpaid contributions refunded.
- As a rule, the German Pension Insurance and the KSK exchange the necessary information and values with each other.
- Another option: submit an informal application for reimbursement of overpaid pension insurance contributions to KSK.
- Answer queries from the KSK or the German Pension Insurance immediately.
- If there is a reduction, you will receive a corresponding notification.
You will receive a refund of your overpaid contributions to the pension insurance if
- you have paid pension insurance contributions via the KSK for the corresponding year, and
- you have paid more than the maximum contribution by paying further pension insurance contributions.
Which documents are required?
- current insurance history of the German Pension Insurance. You will receive this from the German Pension Insurance.
What are the fees?
There are no costs for you.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You do not have to meet any deadlines.
Depending on the workload, usually 4 months.
Applications / forms
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
Detailed information on how to file an objection can be found in your decision.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.