Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Participate in an action that prepares young people with disabilities for training.

The rehabilitation-specific preparatory vocational training measure (BvB) supports young people with disabilities who are quite suitable for an apprenticeship but are not (yet) up to the general requirements due to their disabilities. The aim is to prepare you for an apprenticeship and to help you find a suitable apprenticeship. This can also be a specialist practitioner training for people with disabilities. If, during the measure, it becomes apparent that it is not possible to take up vocational training for personal reasons, you can also be supported with the aim of taking up employment.

At the end of the training, you should have found answers to these questions: Where do my talents lie? What kind of training should it be? What profession can I imagine?

The content includes, but is not limited to:

  • Help with career orientation and career choice,
  • imparting knowledge and skills for taking up training,
  • the opportunity to subsequently acquire the lower secondary school leaving certificate,
  • Internships in various professional fields and companies,
  • Application training,
  • Assistance in finding training and, if necessary, jobs.

You can take a rehabilitation-specific pre-vocational training measure at an educational institution or in a vocational rehabilitation facility that is geared to the special needs of young people with disabilities. Depending on the target group and equipment, the providers have their own training workshops, offices and companies with handicapped-accessible workplace design and provide you with pedagogical and partly psychological support. Vocational rehabilitation facilities also offer living and leisure facilities and are available for occupational health issues.

If the Employment Agency is your responsible rehabilitation provider, it will cover the costs.

You will receive financial support in the form of transitional allowance or training allowance and you will be covered by social insurance.

Note for customers who receive benefits from the job center (citizen's money):

If you participate in a rehabilitation-specific preparatory vocational training measure, you will receive an additional citizen's allowance bonus of EUR 75.00 per month from 01.07.2023. You do not have to submit your own application for this.

Whether you are able to participate in a rehabilitation-specific preparatory vocational training measure depends, among other things, on:

  • whether the measure is suitable for you and your specific case in order to increase your chances of taking up vocational training,
  • what your personal inclinations are and how they can be useful in your professional life,
  • which activities you would like to carry out and
  • how the training and labour market is currently developing.

The rehab-specific BvB usually starts at the beginning of the training year in September and usually lasts up to 12 months. But you can also join at a different time. Under certain conditions, an extension is possible up to a total duration of 24 months.

Process flow

In order for you to be able to receive rehabilitation-specific pre-vocational training measures, you must contact your employment agency:

  • To do this, make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation Team of your Employment Agency.
  • If you do not yet have a personal contact person at the Employment Agency, make an appointment via the Service Hotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
  • During the consultation, it will be clarified whether the rehabilitation-specific preparatory vocational training measure is suitable for you.
  • If your counsellor determines that a rehabilitation-specific preparatory training measure is suitable for you, you will be notified immediately.
  • Your advisor will also discuss with you the forms you need to fill out. You can also fill out the documents online.
  • You will receive a written notification as soon as a place is available.
  • The Employment Agency will register you with the educational institution or the institution of vocational rehabilitation.


  • They are no longer required to attend school.
  • You have
    • a school-leaving certificate and are looking for an apprenticeship or
    • do not have a school-leaving certificate and would like to catch up on a lower secondary school leaving certificate or equivalent school-leaving certificate, or
    • Lost your apprenticeship and would like to reorient yourself professionally.
  • You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
  • Your prospects of participating in working life are significantly reduced, not only temporarily, due to the nature or severity of your disability.
    • Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same professional consequences.
  • Due to the nature and severity of your disabilities, the general statutory benefits are not sufficient to promote your participation in working life.
  • They are willing to be professionally trained or otherwise integrated into the profession.
  • You can be expected to achieve the goal of the measure.

Which documents are required?

  • First of all, you will need your last school report and, if applicable, internship reports.
  • If you do not have a school-leaving certificate but have completed compulsory schooling, you will need this proof.
  • When contacting your advisor, please ask what other documents you need.

What are the fees?


Processing duration

Processing usually takes several weeks. Once the service has been approved, the measure should begin as soon as possible in consultation with the provider.

Applications / forms

Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: Yes
Online services available: Yes


Objection to the Employment Agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the respective notice.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)