Supported employment: Applying for individual in-company training for people with disabilities
Individual in-company training within the framework of supported employment is intended to offer you career prospects for participation in working life through individual qualifications directly in the company. If your employment agency is the rehabilitation provider responsible, it will cover the costs.
Even without formal qualifications, you will have the opportunity to take up employment in the general labour market that corresponds to your skills and wishes.
According to the motto "first place, then qualify" it goes as quickly as possible into a company. You will expand your personal skills, expand your social skills and receive further knowledge.
A qualification trainer is at your side for this. This person works for a provider who implements and accompanies your measure. Its task is also to look for the company's qualification places with you. The provider has a large regional network and has many employer contacts.
The individual in-company qualification is divided into 3 phases:
- Entry phase: You will test your professional interests and, if necessary, test your skills in one or more companies. Together with your qualification trainer, you will search for suitable qualification places and determine in which areas you need support and qualification.
- Qualification phase: You will receive a practice-oriented qualification and will be trained on one or more qualification places. In addition, on project days with your provider, you will be taught the interdisciplinary knowledge you need for your work.
- Stabilization phase: This begins as soon as you fill the job tailored to you, your qualification trainer determines that you no longer need a qualification and the company holds out the prospect of a takeover. You train your tasks and skills extensively in everyday working life and strengthen and consolidate your independence. In addition, all participants are intensively prepared for their employment.
How long the individual phases last depends on your individual requirements.
Individual in-company training takes up to 24 months.
In individual cases, it can be extended by a maximum of 12 months. The aim is for you to receive an employment relationship subject to social security contributions through the in-company qualification.
During the individual company qualification, you are insured for health, nursing care, accidents and pensions. In addition, you are entitled to either training allowance or transitional allowance.
In order to obtain an individual in-company qualification within the framework of supported employment, you must contact your Employment Agency:
- Make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation team of your Employment Agency
- If you do not yet have a personal contact person at the Employment Agency, make an appointment via the ServiceHotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
- In a personal conversation, you will clarify together whether this measure is suitable for you.
- If your advisor determines that the funding helps you to participate in working life, you will either be registered with a provider who implements the measure on behalf of the Employment Agency or advised on possible alternatives (benefit as a personal budget).
- Your advisor will also discuss with you the forms you need to fill out. You can also fill in the documents online.
- If the date for the start of your participation in the measure has been set, you will be informed.
- You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
- Your prospects of participating or participating again in working life are not only temporarily significantly reduced due to the nature or severity of your disability and you therefore need help to participate in working life.
- Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same professional consequences.
- You can work in the general labour market but need special support because of your disabilities and other measures may not currently help you sufficiently to participate in working life because of your disabilities.
- You do not need special offers from a workshop for disabled people or any other service provider.
Which documents are required?
When contacting your advisor, please ask which documents you need.
What are the fees?
Processing usually takes several weeks. After approval of the service, the measure should begin as soon as possible in coordination with the provider.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: Yes
Online services available: Yes
Objection to the Employment Agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the respective notification.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.