Supported employment: Applying for an individual in-company qualification for people with disabilities
The individual in-company qualification within the framework of supported employment is intended to offer you career prospects for participation in working life through individual qualifications directly in the company. If your employment agency is the responsible rehabilitation provider, it will cover the costs.
You will be given the opportunity to take up employment in the general labour market that matches your skills and aspirations, even without formal qualifications.
According to the motto "first place, then qualify", it goes into a company as quickly as possible. You will expand your personal skills, develop your social skills and receive further knowledge.
For this purpose, a qualification trainer is at your side. This person works for a provider who implements and accompanies your measure. Their task is also to look for the company training places with you. The provider has a large regional network and has many employer contacts.
The individual in-company qualification is divided into 3 phases:
- Introductory phase: You will try out professional interests and, if necessary, test your skills in one or more companies. Together with your qualification trainer, you will search for suitable qualification places and determine in which areas you need support and qualification.
- Qualification phase: You will receive a practice-oriented qualification and will be trained at one or more qualification places. In addition, your provider will provide you with the interdisciplinary knowledge you need for your work on project days.
- Stabilisation phase: This begins as soon as you fill the job tailored to your needs, your qualification trainer determines that you no longer need a qualification and the company holds out the prospect of taking you on. You will train your tasks and skills in detail in everyday working life and strengthen and consolidate your independence. In addition, all participants are intensively prepared for their employment.
How long each phase takes depends on your individual requirements.
The individual in-company qualification lasts up to 24 months.
In individual cases, it can be extended by a maximum of 12 months. The aim is for you to obtain an employment relationship subject to social security contributions through the company qualification.
During the individual company qualification, you are insured against health, long-term care, accidents and pensions. In addition, you are entitled to either training allowance or transitional allowance.
In order to be able to obtain an individual company qualification within the framework of supported employment, you must contact your employment agency:
- To do this, make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation team of your employment agency
- If you do not yet have a personal contact person at the Employment Agency, please make an appointment via the Service Hotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
- In a personal meeting, you will clarify together whether this measure is suitable for you.
- If your counsellor determines that the funding will help you to participate in working life, you will either be registered with a provider who implements the measure on behalf of the Employment Agency or advised on possible alternatives (benefit as a personal budget).
- Your advisor will also discuss the forms you need to fill out with you. You can also fill out the documents online.
- Once the date for the start of your participation in the measure has been set, you will be informed.
- You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
- Due to the nature or severity of your disability, your prospects of participating or re-participating in working life are not only temporarily significantly reduced, and you therefore need help to participate in working life.
- Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same professional consequences.
- You may be able to work in the general labour market, but you need special support because of your disabilities and other measures cannot currently help you sufficiently to participate in working life because of your disabilities.
- You do not need any special offers from a workshop for disabled people or any other service provider.
Which documents are required?
When you contact your advisor, please ask what documents you need.
What are the fees?
The processing usually takes several weeks. Once the service has been approved, the measure should begin as soon as possible in consultation with the provider.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: Yes
Online services available: Yes
Appeal to the Employment Agency, which issued the decision. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the respective notice.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.