Apply for other assistance as individual benefits for participation in working life
In order for you to be able to participate in working life as a person with disabilities, the Federal Employment Agency can support you with a range of measures and support services. The benefits include, among other things, the so-called other aids to promote participation in working life.
In addition to the legally stipulated subsidies, there is also additional assistance for participation in working life that you can apply for in order to enable and maintain appropriate and suitable employment or self-employment. These so-called other aids include, for example:
- the temporary use of a sign language interpreter
- mobility training
- Participation support
If you are hearing and speech-impaired and temporarily need a sign language interpreter in connection with your induction into employment, the costs for this assignment will be covered.
If you are blind or severely visually impaired and mobility training is necessary so that you can travel between home and work, this training is encouraged.
Participation support helps you to prepare for in-company training, retraining or employment subject to social security contributions. The support is provided by educational institutions on behalf of the Employment Agency.
The participation support consists of 3 modules:
- Module 1 Career orientation: Here you will be helped to find out which professions and activities are best suited for you. Your interests, your health and mental performance as well as the requirements of the labour market are taken into account. Module 1 can be supplemented by individual practical days in companies.
- Module 2 Introduction to training, retraining or employment: You will be supported in finding a specific in-company training, retraining or job. Among other things, you will receive support in compiling your application documents and you will be prepared for job interviews. Module 2 can be supplemented by individual practical days in companies.
- Module 3: Training, retraining or job security: You will receive help in coping with everyday business life, for example through counselling sessions in the event of conflicts in the company. The aim is for you to be able to work permanently on the primary labour market. Your transition from training to employment can also be supported.
Depending on your individual needs, participation support consists of one or more modules. Each of the 3 modules lasts a maximum of 6 months. The scope of care comprises at least 2 hours per week during the entire approval period. If you need more support, up to 8 hours per week are possible. Qualified and experienced social and rehabilitation pedagogical specialists will be at your side throughout the entire duration of your care.
The costs are covered by the Employment Agency.
In order to get any other help, you must contact your employment agency:
- Make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation Team of your Employment Agency.
- If you do not yet have a personal contact person, you can make an appointment via the Service Hotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
- In a personal conversation, you will clarify together whether other help is suitable for you.
- If your counsellor determines that the help is necessary for you to be able to participate in working life, this person will discuss the next steps with you.
- Your advisor will also discuss with you the forms you need to fill out. You can also fill out the documents online.
In order for you to be eligible for other assistance as a benefit for participation in working life, the following general requirements must be met:
- You have a disability and the Federal Employment Agency is your responsible rehabilitation provider.
- Your prospects of participating or re-participating in working life are significantly reduced, not only temporarily, due to the nature or severity of your disability.
- Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same professional consequences.
- You must contact your employment agency for funding or reimbursement before any expenses are incurred or expenses are incurred.
In addition, you may have to comply with special requirements for the respective funding.
Which documents are required?
Please ask your advisor which documents you need in detail.
What are the fees?
Processing usually takes several weeks.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: Yes
Online services available: Yes
Objection to the Employment Agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the respective notice.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.