Applying for funding for in-company training for people with disabilities who have a total disability
Due to the nature or severity of your disability, you are currently unable to be employed on the general labour market, not yet or not yet re-employed on the general labour market and would still like to complete a regular apprenticeship? In this case, the Federal Employment Agency provides a budget for training under certain conditions, provided that it is the responsible rehabilitation provider.
One prerequisite is that you conclude a contract with a company for an apprenticeship subject to social security contributions in a recognised training occupation or for specialist practitioner training.
If you do not yet have a training place, the Employment Agency will initially support you in your search for a (suitable) training place.
Only initial vocational training is funded, no further training.
During the training, the budget for training supports the following services:
- The company is reimbursed for the training allowance, including the employer's contribution to social security.
- The costs for guidance and support required by the disability at the training place and at the vocational school are covered.
- If the school-based part of the training is carried out in a vocational rehabilitation facility because of the disability, the necessary costs will be covered.
You can choose who supports you and you organize the services yourself. Prior to this, however, the necessary scope of support will be checked and agreed upon according to your individual needs. You will obtain offers and have professionally qualified persons who will take over your guidance and support describe how their support is to be provided in concrete terms. On this basis, your advisor decides and approves the amount of the benefit, for example.
In addition, you are entitled to training allowance during the funding. However, your training allowance will be deducted from this.
You will receive the budget for training for as long as it is required. At the most, however, until the successful completion of your training.
If several people who are supported with a budget for training work in a company, they can also take advantage of joint guidance or support.
If, during your training, you find that you would prefer to receive benefits in the entry procedure and vocational training area in a workshop for disabled people or with another service provider, it is possible to change. The periods of the training budget are then deducted from the duration of the entry procedure and the vocational training sector, if applicable.
In order for you to receive a budget for training, you need to contact your employment agency:
- Make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation team of your employment agency.
- If you do not yet have a personal contact person, please make an appointment via the service hotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
- In a personal meeting, you will clarify together whether the budget for training is generally suitable for you.
- Your advisor will also discuss with you the forms and supporting documents that you need to fill out and submit. You can also fill out the documents online.
- You submit necessary documents, for example the offer of a rehabilitation facility about the costs for the school part of the training or descriptions of who is to carry out the guidance and accompaniment, how and under what conditions.
- Finally, your advisor will check whether the eligibility requirements are met, whether the training allowance is appropriate and will decide on the documents submitted.
- If the Federal Employment Agency is not responsible in your case, it will forward your application to the responsible rehabilitation institution.
You can receive a budget for training under the following conditions:
- You have a disability and the Federal Employment Agency is your responsible rehabilitation provider.
- Due to the nature or severity of your disability, your prospects of participating or re-participating in working life are not only temporarily significantly reduced, and you therefore need help to participate in working life.
- Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same professional consequences.
- Due to the nature or severity of your disabilities, you are not able to work in the general labour market, not yet or not yet able to work again and would therefore be entitled to benefits in the entry procedure and vocational training in a workshop for disabled people or with another service provider.
- You conclude a contract with a private or public employer for an apprenticeship subject to social security contributions in a recognised training occupation or for specialist practitioner training.
- The apprenticeship is entered by the competent authority in the register of vocational training relationships.
Which documents are required?
When you contact your advisor, please ask which documents you need in detail.
What are the fees?
The processing usually takes several weeks.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: Yes
Online services available: Yes
Appeal to the Employment Agency, which issued the decision. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the respective notice.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.