Apply for an electronic health card for persons with statutory health insurance
The electronic health card (eGK) is the membership card of a statutory health insurance company and confirms that your statutory health insurance company pays the treatment costs for you.
As a rule, you will automatically receive a current eGK from your statutory health insurance company. This is also the case if the validity of your old card expires. You don't have to do anything else in these cases.
If your name changes, notify your health insurance company. Your health insurance company will then issue you with a new card.
You have lost your eGK, it has been stolen or is defective? Then you have to have the old eGK blocked by your health insurance company and request a new card.
As a new member of a statutory health insurance company, you will usually receive your new eGK automatically.
- Your health insurance company will contact you in advance and ask you for a current passport photo.
- You usually have several options for submitting your passport photo to the health insurance company: online, by post or, at many health insurance companies, in person at the office.
- Please wait for the letter from your health insurance company. Until then, you do not have to become active yourself.
- Once you have submitted your photo, the subsequent card production may take some time.
If you have been insured with your health insurance company for some time and need a new eGK, request the card directly from your health insurance company. This is the case, for example, if
- Your card is defective, or
- has been lost.
You can request a new eGK from your statutory health insurance company. In order to protect your data, the requirement differs depending on the health insurance company. You can find out what options you have from your health insurance company. You can request the eGK from many health insurance companies in person at the office. It is often also possible to apply via the online portal of the health insurance company, by letter or by telephone.
- Inform your health insurance company and attach the necessary documents.
- The health insurance company will examine your application.
- You will receive the new eGK by post.
If your address changes, you usually don't need to apply for a new card. Inform your health insurance company. This changes your stored address data, which is then automatically updated on the eGK during your next visit to the doctor.
You are entitled to an eGK if you are a member of a statutory health insurance fund.
Which documents are required?
- current passport photo
- There are exceptions for children and adolescents under the age of 15. In addition, for insured persons who cannot participate in the creation of the passport photo, such as people in need of care.
- If applicable, proof of your name change (e.g. identity card, marriage certificate)
Depending on the special case, further documents may be required. Please contact your statutory health insurance company for more information.
What are the fees?
As a rule, the health insurance company will issue you with an eGK free of charge. The statutory health insurance companies may charge EUR 5 if you are responsible for the loss or damage.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- As a member of a statutory health insurance company, you do not have to meet a deadline.
- Your eGK is valid for a maximum of 5 years. At the end of this term, your health insurance company will automatically send you a new eGK.
Processing usually takes about 1 to 4 business days. It takes about 3 to 10 days until the actual eGK supply (including production time of the eGK).
For a quick processing and decision, your health insurance company must have the necessary information and, if necessary, necessary documents complete and meaningful.
The health insurance company decides on applications promptly, whereby the statutory processing deadline is observed to protect patients' rights.
Please note that the stated processing time is an average value of all health insurance companies. It may vary in individual cases.
The exact processing time also depends on the complexity of the individual case and can be extended accordingly. The same applies if documents or documents are sent by post to you or your health insurance company.
Applications / forms
- Forms: no
- Online procedure possible: Many statutory health insurance companies offer an online procedure.
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance required: no
- Action before the Social Court
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Health
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.