Participate in the prevention program "RV Fit" of the German Pension Insurance
In the case of initial health impairments, the German pension insurance helps with the free prevention program "RV Fit". With training elements on exercise, nutrition and stress management, you will be supported in living and working healthily in the long term. The prevention program RV Fit combines an intensive, multi-day start-up phase with part-time, regular training sessions on site.
As a company, you can also support your employees in staying healthy with the training program. Healthy employees have less sick leave, are more motivated and contribute their expertise to the company for longer. The Corporate Service of the German Pension Insurance advises you on occupational health management.
The prevention programme is currently carried out by around 250 partner institutions in Germany.
The costs of the programme are borne by the German Pension Insurance. You can do it part-time before or after work. During the start-up and refresh phase, your company must release you and you are generally entitled to continued payment. You will receive EUR 5.00 travel costs for each outpatient training appointment, provided that you have actually incurred the costs. In the case of inpatient prevention, you will be reimbursed for travel costs by bus or train in second class or your own car (EUR 0.20/kilometre).
The program typically has the following flow:
- Starting phase: 3 days full-time outpatient or 5 days inpatient leave from work
- Training phase: 12 weeks 1-2 times a week part-time (morning or evening)
- Self-activity phase: 12 weeks of independent training part-time (morning or evening)
- Refresher phase: 1 day full-day outpatient or 3 days inpatient leave from work
The duration of the phases may vary depending on the institution and state.
You can apply for participation in the prevention programme online or in writing to the pension insurance institution responsible for you:
- You can submit the application online on the website of the "RV Fit" program.
- Alternatively, you can submit the application in writing. Download the necessary application forms from the website of the German Pension Insurance, fill them out completely and send them to your pension insurance provider.
- The information and advice centres as well as the voluntary helpers (insurance advisors) of the pension insurance can also help you with the application.
- In addition, you can also submit the application to your health insurance fund or insurance office.
- The competent pension insurance institution will examine your application.
- You will receive a notification.
Note: If you have already submitted an application for medical rehabilitation benefits and this is rejected, the competent pension insurance institution must also advise on preventive benefits.
Essential requirements under insurance law: You
- have fulfilled the qualifying period of 15 years, or
- have paid compulsory contributions for insured employment or activity for 6 calendar months in the 2 years prior to the application, or
- have exercised an insured employment or self-employed activity within 2 years of training until the application, or
- They were incapacitated or unemployed after such employment or activity until the application was made.
In certain cases, you may not be able to participate in the training program. This applies if you
- are entitled to a similar benefit from another rehabilitation provider, for example from accident insurance, because of an accident at work, an occupational disease or injury caused by a third party,
- are civil servants, soldiers, judges. Please contact your local Integration Office to find out from whom you can receive benefits,
- are already receiving or have applied for an old-age pension amounting to at least two-thirds of the full pension,
- have permanently retired from working life and, for example, receive a company pension until the start of their retirement pension, or
- are in pre-trial detention or serving a custodial sentence.
Which documents are required?
- Application for benefit for prevention
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline.
You will receive the notification within a few days.
Applications / forms
Written form required: no
Informal application possible: no
Personal appearance required: no
Online services available: yes
- More information on how to file an objection can be found in the notification of your application.
- Action before the Social Court
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.