Participate in the "RV Fit" prevention program of the German Pension Insurance
In the event of initial health impairments, the German Pension Insurance helps with the free prevention programme "RV Fit". With training elements on exercise, nutrition and stress management, you will be supported in living and working healthily in the long term. The RV Fit prevention program combines an intensive, multi-day start-up phase with regular on-site training sessions while working.
As a company, you can also support your employees in staying healthy with the training program. Healthy employees have fewer sick leaves, are more motivated and contribute their expertise to the company for longer. The corporate service of the German Pension Insurance advises you on occupational health management.
The prevention programme is currently carried out by around 250 partner institutions in Germany.
The costs of the programme are borne by the German Pension Insurance. You can do it part-time before or after work. During the start-up and refresher phase, your company must release you and you are generally entitled to continued payment of remuneration. You will receive EUR 5.00 for each outpatient training session, provided that you have actually incurred the costs. In the case of inpatient prevention, you will be reimbursed for the travel costs by second-class bus or train or your own car (EUR 0.20/kilometre).
The program typically has the following flow:
- Initial phase: 3 days full-time outpatient or 5 days inpatient leave from work
- Training phase: 12 weeks 1-2 times a week part-time (morning or evening)
- Self-activity phase: 12 weeks of independent training (morning or evening)
- Refresher phase: 1 day full-time outpatient or 3 days inpatient leave from work
The duration of the phases may vary depending on the institution and state.
You can apply for participation in the prevention programme online or in writing to the pension insurance institution responsible for you:
- You can apply online on the website of the "RV Fit" program.
- Alternatively, you can submit the application in writing. Download the necessary application forms from the website of the German Pension Insurance, fill them out completely and send them to your pension insurance provider.
- The information and counselling centres as well as the voluntary helpers (insurance advisors) of the pension insurance can also help you with the application.
- In addition, you can also submit the application to your health insurance company or insurance office.
- The responsible pension insurance institution will review your application.
- You will receive a notification.
Note: If you have already submitted an application for benefits for medical rehabilitation and this is rejected, the responsible pension insurance institution must also advise you on benefits for prevention.
Essential insurance requirements: You
- have fulfilled the qualifying period of 15 years, or
- have paid compulsory contributions for an insured employment or activity for 6 calendar months in the last 2 years prior to the application, or
- have been in insured employment or self-employment within 2 years of training until the application, or
- They were unfit for work or unemployed after such employment or activity until the application.
In certain cases, you will not be able to participate in the training program. This is true if you
- are entitled to a similar benefit from another rehabilitation institution, for example from accident insurance, due to an accident at work, an occupational disease or an injury caused by a third party,
- are a civil servant, a soldier or a judge. Please contact your local integration office to find out from whom you can receive benefits.
- are already receiving or have applied for an old-age pension of at least two-thirds of the full pension,
- have permanently retired from working life and receive, for example, a company pension benefit until the start of retirement, or
- are in pre-trial detention or in the execution of a custodial sentence.
Which documents are required?
- Application for Preventive Benefit
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline.
You will receive the notification within a few days.
Applications / forms
Written form required: no
Informal application possible: no
Personal appearance required: no
Online services available: yes
- More information on how to file an objection can be found in the notification of your application.
- Appeal to the Social Court
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.