Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Reporting changes in personal situation in the event of unemployment

A change in your personal situation may affect your entitlement to unemployment benefits. If necessary, you will receive less or more money. Therefore, you must immediately report any change in your personal circumstances to the employment agency responsible for you. These communications are important to ensure that you receive the correct amount of benefits to which you are entitled.

In particular, you must report if you:

  • drive away for a longer period of time,
  • move
  • take up a part-time job (including voluntary work),
  • take up a job,
  • go back to school,
  • take up an apprenticeship or a course of study,
  • become self-employed,
  • go on maternity leave or parental leave,
  • receive an old-age pension,
  • receive a disability pension,
  • do an internship, a voluntary service or a military exercise,
  • have changed your name or marital status,
  • become ill or are healthy again after an illness,
  • make a change of tax class or
  • have another reason to unsubscribe.

In some cases, you should contact your local employment agency before your personal situation changes.

For example, if you take up a part-time job: The income from the part-time job can affect the receipt of your unemployment benefit.

The notification obligation also applies to changes that may have a retroactive effect on your services. This is the case, for example, if you are granted a pension retroactively.

If, in addition to unemployment benefit, you also receive citizen's benefit, you must notify the job centre separately of the change. Please take into account the information on this benefit and please use the form for notification of change if you receive citizen's money.

Process flow

You can submit the notification of change online, in person, in writing or by telephone. You will then receive a notification by post as to whether and how the change in your personal situation will affect the receipt of unemployment benefit.

If you would like to submit the Change Notice online:

  • Call up the online portal "eServices" of the Federal Employment Agency, log in and fill out the change form directly online.

If you would like to submit the notification of change in person on site:

  • Download the form for notification of change from the website of the Employment Agency.
  • Fill out the form and bring it with you to the interview with your employment agency.
  • It is best to bring appropriate evidence with you if any are required.

If you wish to submit the notification of change in writing:

  • Download the form for notification of change from the website of the Employment Agency.
  • You can also use the form that you have already received from your local employment agency when you registered as unemployed.
  • Fill out the form and send it by post to your local employment agency.

If you would like to communicate the change by telephone:

  • Call the service hotline of the Federal Employment Agency and have your customer number ready.

Who should I contact?

The point of contact is the local office of the Federal Employment Agency.

Competent authority

The point of contact is the local office of the Federal Employment Agency.


  • They receive unemployment benefits.
  • Your personal situation is changing.

Which documents are required?

  • Notification of changes
  • Please ask your local employment agency what other evidence you need to submit.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

You must notify any changes immediately.

Applications / forms

Forms available: Yes (notification of change)
Written form required: No, notification is also possible informally
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes


If, as a result of the notified change(s), a decision incriminating you is issued, it is possible to lodge an objection against this. The deadline for filing the objection is one month after notification of the decision. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the respective notice.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)