Certify pre-qualification for advancement BAföG
One document that you need to submit for funding is the so-called "Form Z". On this form, you must confirm that you meet the subject-specific admission requirements for the examination or that you can fulfil them by the time of the examination. This is the responsibility of the body that also conducts the final examination for the degree you are aiming for . Depending on the degree, this is, for example, the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) or the Chamber of Crafts (HWK).
Typically, you qualify either through a completed initial vocational training and/or professional experience. You can also prove that you have the required pre-qualification as a university dropout, experienced professional or with a bachelor's degree. The exact requirements are laid down in the examination regulations for the respective advanced training qualification.
With the confirmation of your pre-qualification, you can then apply for the so-called "Meister-BAföG". Depending on the federal state, BAföG offices or other authorities are responsible for this.
Confirmation of pre-qualification is one of the requirements you must prove for funding.
- You apply for confirmation of the pre-qualification at the office responsible for your degree before you apply for the educational support.
- You send Form Z of the complete application together with the proof of your previous qualification.
- The competent authority will check your pre-qualification.
- You will receive the completed Appendix Z by post.
After confirming your pre-qualification, you can apply for the actual funding.
Fulfillment of the requirements to be admitted to the desired advanced training examination:
- Training in a recognised training occupation or a comparable vocational qualification
- Bachelor's graduates, dropouts and high school graduates with professional experience can also be qualified
Which documents are required?
Proof of compliance with the admission requirements:
- Completion of training
- Possibly other proofs, such as proof of activity and job references
What are the fees?
As a rule, there are no costs for filling out Form Z.
Fee: free of chargeAs a rule, there are no costs for completing Form Z.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
no legal deadlines
A few days if the documents are complete
Applications / forms
- Forms: Form Z of the AufstiegsBAföG application
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: no
Further information about the Aufstiegs-Bafög can be found at https://www.aufstiegs-bafoeg.de/.
Technically approved by
Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.