Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Applying for subsidies for the training and employment of people with disabilities at the Employment Agency

Subsidies for training allowances for persons with disabilities and persons with severe disabilities or persons treated as such

As a rule, they receive the training grant continuously for the entire duration of the training or further education.

The amount of the grant is determined individually and depends on the type and severity of the disabilities and the impact of the disabilities on education or training.

The subsidy is paid monthly and amounts to up to 60 percent, in the case of severely disabled or equivalent persons up to 80 percent of the monthly training allowance for the last year of training or further education, in each case including the flat-rate employer's share of the total social security contribution. In justified exceptional cases, grants may be provided up to the amount of the training allowance for the last year of training or further education.

All in-company measures that focus on vocational training or qualifications for people with disabilities or severely disabled persons can be funded. This includes, for example, dual courses of study if they include a vocational qualification in accordance with the Vocational Training Act.

Your Employment Agency decides whether you can receive the subsidy for the training allowance. There is no legal entitlement to a subsidy.

Integration grant following training or further education

If you hire a severely disabled person after a training or further education subsidized and completed with a training grant, the Employment Agency can pay you an integration grant.

The integration grant amounts to up to 70 percent of the salary and can be paid for 1 year.

However, the specific amount is at the discretion of the Employment Agency.

The competent authority is the employment agency in whose district the employee lives at the beginning of the training or further education relationship or the employment relationship.

Process flow

You can apply for both the training allowance and the integration allowance following training or further education in writing, in person or by telephone:

  • Get in touch with your personal contact person for the employer service of your employment agency. There you will receive the forms to fill out and information on the application procedure.
  • Complete the application completely and submit it to the Employment Agency with all the necessary documents.
  • You can also fill in the documents online.
  • The Employment Agency will examine your application.
  • You will then receive a notification as to whether your application has been approved or rejected.

You can also apply for the integration grant online:

  • Go to the "eServices" portal on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.
  • Log in with your user ID and call up the application.
  • Complete the application, upload the required documents and submit the application.
  • Your employment agency will check your application and your documents. You will receive a notification of the decision on your application.

Who should I contact?

You can find the department of the Federal Employment Agency responsible for you via the service finder.

Competent authority

You can find the department of the Federal Employment Agency responsible for you via the service finder.


The prerequisite for the subsidy for the training allowance is:

  • that education or training cannot be achieved without this support,
  • that there is suitability for the desired training or further education occupation,
  • that there is a signed training or further training contract with the company,
  • that training allowance, wages or salaries are paid,
  • for people with disabilities, the Federal Employment Agency is the responsible rehabilitation provider.

The prerequisite for the integration grant is:

  • that there is an employment contract following successfully completed in-company training or further education and
  • that this education or training was supported by a training grant for severely disabled people.

Which documents are required?

  • Signed training or further education contract (in case of subsidy for training allowance)
  • Signed employment contract (in case of integration grant)
  • Entry in the register of apprenticeships (in the case of training)
  • If applicable, severely disabled person's pass
  • where applicable, decision on the degree of disability and/or equality decision
  • Proof of completed training or further education (in the case of integration grant)

What are the fees?


What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

You must apply for the training grant before you have concluded the training or further education contract.

You must apply for the integration grant before the person you will employ starts work.

Applications / forms

Forms available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes


Objection to the Employment Agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the respective notification.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)