Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Apply for subsidies for the training and employment of people with disabilities at the Jobcenter

Subsidies for training allowances for people with disabilities and severely disabled persons or persons treated as such

As a rule, you will receive the training grant continuously for the entire duration of the training or further education.

The amount of the subsidy is determined on an individual basis and depends on the nature and severity of the disability and the impact of the disability on education or training.

The subsidy is paid monthly and amounts to up to 60 per cent, in the case of severely disabled persons or persons with equivalent status up to 80 per cent of the monthly training allowance for the last year of training or further education, in each case including the flat-rate employer's share of the total social security contribution. In justified exceptional cases, subsidies may be provided up to the amount of the training allowance for the last year of training or further education.

All in-company measures that have vocational training or qualifications for people with disabilities or severely disabled people as their content and focus can be funded. This also includes, for example, dual courses of study if they include a vocational qualification in accordance with the Vocational Education and Training Act.

Whether you can receive the subsidy for the training allowance is decided by your job centre. There is no legal entitlement to a subsidy.

Integration subsidy following training or further education

If you hire a severely disabled person after training or further education that has been funded and completed with a training grant, the Jobcenter can pay you an integration grant.

The integration subsidy amounts to up to 70 percent of the salary and can be paid for 1 year.

However, the specific amount is at the discretion of the Jobcenter.

The Jobcenter in whose district the employable beneficiary has his or her habitual residence is responsible. The Jobcenter is also responsible for existing employment relationships if top-up benefits are granted in accordance with Book II of the Social Security Code.

Process flow

You can apply for both the training allowance subsidy and the integration subsidy following training or further training in writing, in person or by telephone:

  • Get in touch with your contact person at the Jobcenter. There you will receive the forms to fill out and information on the application process.
  • Fill out the application completely and submit it to the Jobcenter with all the required documents.
  • You can also fill out the documents online.
  • The Jobcenter will review your application.
  • You will then receive a notification as to whether your application has been approved or rejected.

You can also apply for the integration grant online:

  • Go to the "eServices" portal on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.
  • Log in with your user ID and access the application.
  • Fill out the application, upload the required documents, and submit the application.
  • Your Jobcenter will check your application and your documents. You will receive a notification of the decision on your application.

Who should I contact?

You can find the office of the Federal Employment Agency responsible for you via the service finder.

Competent authority

You can find the office of the Federal Employment Agency responsible for you via the service finder.


The prerequisite for the subsidy for the training allowance is:

  • that education or training cannot be achieved without this support,
  • that you are suitable for the desired training or further education occupation,
  • that there is a signed training or further training contract with the company,
  • that training allowance, wages or salaries are paid,
  • in the case of people with disabilities, the Federal Employment Agency is the responsible rehabilitation provider.

The prerequisite for the integration grant is:

  • that there is an employment contract following the successful completion of in-company training or further education, and
  • that this education or training was supported by a training grant for severely disabled people.

Which documents are required?

  • Signed training or further training contract (in the case of a subsidy for the training allowance)
  • Signed employment contract (in the case of integration grant)
  • Entry in the register of apprenticeships (in the case of training)
  • If applicable, severely disabled person's pass
  • If applicable, a notification of the degree of disability and/or a notice of equal treatment
  • Proof of completed training or further education (in the case of integration grant)

What are the fees?


What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

You must apply for the training grant before you have concluded the training or further training contract.

You must apply for the integration allowance before the person you are going to employ starts working.

Applications / forms

Forms available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes


Appeal to the Jobcenter that issued the decision. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the respective notice.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)