Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Receiving funding for a measure for activation and professional integration from the Employment Agency

The Employment Agency can support measures to support you in your professional (re-)integration and to improve your chances of integration into the labour market. Specifically, these activation and integration measures aim to:

  • to introduce them to the training and labour market and to identify, reduce or remove barriers to placement that make their integration into the labour market more difficult,
  • to provide you with employment subject to compulsory insurance,
  • introduce you to self-employment, or
  • stabilise the start of employment.

You can take part in measures with an institution or an employer. In addition, you can receive an activation and placement voucher to engage a private employment agency.

The Employment Agency can commission sponsors to carry out the measures and assign you a place to participate.

However, you can also receive an activation and placement voucher from the Employment Agency to register with a provider of your choice. The voucher contains information on the aim and content of the measure, which will be discussed and agreed with you in advance.

The maximum possible funding period depends on the objective of the measure and your individual support needs and is partly regulated by law. For example, measures can take place at an employer for a maximum of 6 weeks. If you are long-term unemployed or have special placement barriers, you can participate for up to 12 weeks.

The duration of the professional knowledge may not exceed 8 weeks. Longer qualifications or measures leading to a vocational qualification can be funded for adults through the promotion of continuing vocational training (education voucher).

The Employment Agency informs and advises you on offers and funding opportunities.

There is no legal entitlement to funding. Whether and to what extent you receive support is decided by your employment agency.

Exception: After six weeks of unemployment and entitlement to unemployment benefits, you are generally legally entitled to an activation and placement voucher to commission a private employment agency.

Process flow

The funding of a measure for activation and professional integration must be approved by your employment agency before the start of the measure.

  • Please make an appointment for a personal consultation with the employment agency responsible for you.
  • In a joint discussion, your counselling and placement specialist will discuss the necessary support needs with you and advise you on the right type of measure.
  • If the decision is positive, you will receive the approval documents, with information on the type, objective, content of the measure, duration and scope of the measure as well as what costs will be covered.
  • If you participate in the measure without approval for participation, you may have to bear the costs of the measure yourself and if you are in receipt of the measure from the Employment Agency, you will no longer receive unemployment benefit.


  • They are
    • unemployed
    • threatened with unemployment and looking for work,
    • registered as a trainee seeker.
  • The need for support was determined in a conversation with your counselling and placement specialist.
  • Participation was approved by your employment agency before the start of the measure.

Which documents are required?

The need for support must be determined in consultation with your counselling and placement specialist.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

There is no deadline. Contact your counselling and placement specialist at the Employment Agency in good time before the planned start of the measure.

Applications / forms

Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes



Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)