Apply for a placement budget at the Employment Agency
The funding from the placement budget is intended to support you in looking for and taking up a new job or in-company training. The Employment Agency can support you financially, for example by covering the costs of your
- travel or travel to job interviews,
- required documents (e.g. certified copies, translations) or
- Relocation costs (if you need to move for the new work).
be taken over.
Which costs can be covered, your consultant and placement specialist checks and decides on your request / application before the expected costs are incurred.
You can get the funding if you
- are unemployed or threatened with unemployment, i.e. have already received your notice of termination and wish to take up employment subject to compulsory insurance, or
- are looking for in-company training.
You can also receive the funding if you are seeking or starting employment subject to compulsory insurance in a member state of the European Union (EU), a state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or in Switzerland. The prerequisite is that you work at least 15 hours per week.
You cannot receive funding from the placement budget if:
- the employer provides similar services,
- other public bodies are legally obliged to pay similar services, or
- Applications will not be sent by yourself.
Please note that you have no legal entitlement to funding from the placement budget. Your Employment Agency decides whether and to what extent you receive financial support. You will also need to provide proof of your expenses.
You submit an application for funding from the placement budget in writing to the employment agency responsible for you.
- Make an appointment with your counselling and placement specialist at the Employment Agency.
- In a discussion with you, it will then be discussed whether funding from the placement budget is possible and which support services can be offered.
- You will receive the relevant application documents from your consultant and placement specialist.
- Fill out the documents, attach the required evidence or supporting documents and send the documents back to the Employment Agency.
- Please note that you must apply for funding and reimbursement from the placement budget before you incur any costs.
- You will receive a written notification as to whether the costs will be covered. In the application form, you can tick if you wish to waive a decision as long as your application is fully complied with.
- The refundable costs will be transferred to the account you specified.
If you, as a customer of the Employment Agency, would like to apply for reimbursement of your travel expenses to job interviews, you can also do so online:
- Arrange financial support from the placement budget with your consultant and placement specialist.
- Let your counselling and placement specialist activate you for the online platform "eService" of the Federal Employment Agency.
- Before the interview: Go to the online platform "eService". Fill out the application form for the reimbursement of travel expenses – this will also inform your employment agency about your interview.
- After the interview: State the costs incurred in your application and upload the corresponding personalized proof (e.g. train tickets, employer confirmation) online.
- You are threatened with unemployment or unemployed and want to take up employment subject to compulsory insurance.
- You are looking for in-company training.
- The funding from the placement budget must be applied for before the costs arise.
Which documents are required?
Depending on the support you have applied for, you will need to provide supporting documents. Your counselling and placement specialist will inform you which documents must be attached to the application.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline. An application for funding and reimbursement from the placement budget must be submitted before costs are incurred.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.