Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Apply for entry fee

The entry allowance is intended to offer you a financial incentive if your income is initially not or hardly higher than your previous cash benefits from the basic security.

Entry fee is granted to you as a non-credited grant.

The amount of funding can be determined by each job center on the basis of the legal criteria and amounts to a maximum of 50 percent of the standard rate of the citizen's money. When calculating the amount, the duration of your unemployment and the size of your community of needs are taken into account, among other things. Therefore, the amount of the entry fee varies depending on the individual case.

For special groups of people, your job center can also make a flat-rate assessment. This facilitates equal decisions in similar cases and concerns in particular:

  • Term unemployed
  • Single parent
  • migrants,
  • Elder
  • Persons with health impairments,
  • Women in partner communities.

You can receive entry allowance for a maximum of 24 months.

Whether and to what extent you can receive entry allowance is decided solely by your job center. That is, you have no legal claim to it.

Process flow

In order to receive the entry fee, you should first arrange a consultation at your local job centre:

  • Contact the responsible job centre and make an appointment.
  • In the case of employment subject to social security contributions, you can also apply for entry allowance online.
  • The integration specialist will record your data and check whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • On this basis, the advisor makes a discretionary decision.
  • You will receive a notification by post or online with the approval or rejection of your application.
  • If your application is approved, the job centre will transfer the amount to your account every month in advance.


  • You will receive citizen's allowance before you start your new job. Unemployment is not a prerequisite.
  • You must submit the application to your job centre before you actually start working.
  • Your new self-employment or your new employment is suitable for you to overcome your need for help in the future.
  • The entry allowance is required for your integration into the general labour market.
  • Their gainful employment includes at least 15 hours per week.
  • Additional requirements for self-employment/business start-ups:
  • positive evaluation of the job center about
    • Your personal suitability,
  • the economic viability of your self-employment

Which documents are required?

In the case of self-employment/business start-up:

  • Application for funding
  • Curriculum vitae, including, if applicable, necessary qualifications
  • Meaningful description of the business start-up project to explain the business idea (business concept/business plan)
  • Capital requirements and financing plan
  • Sales and profitability forecast (expected sales and costs) for the next 3 years
  • If applicable, an opinion from an external third party or an expert body on the viability of your business
    • competent bodies are: chambers, trade associations, credit institutions, start-up initiatives
  • Proof that you are self-employed, for example through your business registration, notification to the tax office or confirmation of the change of a secondary business to a main business
  • If necessary, further evidence, for example on your
    • Accident insurance or
    • Business liability or
    • Entry in the register of craftsmen

In the case of employment subject to social security contributions:

  • Application for funding
  • Copy of your employment contract

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

You must not have started your gainful employment when you apply for entry allowance. This applies both to the commencement of employment subject to social security contributions and to your self-employment.


  • Contradiction
  • administrative court action

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)