For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Apply for a training allowance

If you have a disability and are participating in certain educational activities, you can apply to the Employment Agency for financial support to secure your livelihood. The amount of the training allowance depends on how high the need rate of the training allowance is and how high your income, that of your parents and that of your spouse or registered partner is. Income only plays a role during vocational training.

You will not be reimbursed for any personal expenses, such as rent, clothing or food. The training allowance is based on general needs and is generalised.

The amount of the training allowance depends on

  • the action in which you are participating, and
  • the type of accommodation, i.e. where you will be accommodated during the measure. This can be, for example, with your parents or in a dormitory, with the trainer, in your own household, in a boarding school or in a special institution for disabled people.

In the case of vocational training, they usually receive the training allowance for a permit period of 18 months. Depending on the training measure, your training allowance can also be granted for a shorter period of time or extended after the 18 months.

You will also receive training allowance for holiday periods if these are within the measure and the Employment Agency has recognised them as part of the measure.

If you interrupt your participation for health reasons, you will continue to receive the training allowance until the end of the third full calendar month following the onset of the illness, but no later than the scheduled end of your measure. The day of illness is part of this three-month period.

For absences for reasons other than health, you are only entitled to training allowance if the Employment Agency recognises an important reason for the interruption of participation. Important reasons include, for example:

  • Marriage
  • Birth of a child
  • Change of residence
  • Attending a court date

The training allowance is paid monthly retrospectively. If you are not entitled to training allowance for the full month, you will receive one thirtieth of the monthly amount for each calendar day.

The training allowance is paid to you as a subsidy, you do not have to repay it.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page