For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Applying for permission to hire out workers

Temporary employment is also referred to as temporary or temporary work. To obtain permission for this, you must submit an application to the responsible employment agency.

The permit is granted by the Employment Agency for a limited period of one year. It can be granted indefinitely if you have been allowed to work for three consecutive years.

In the case of temporary employment, you must ensure, among other things, that:

  • the principle of equality and collective agreements are correctly applied,
  • the maximum period of leasing is complied with,
  • temporary agency workers are correctly classified according to the activity actually carried out,
  • the minimum wages and reimbursement of expenses are paid and the provisions of the Part-Time and Fixed-Term Employment Act are complied with,
  • Remuneration and compensation benefits as well as holidays or holiday compensation are correctly granted (even during periods of non-use),
  • Payroll tax and contributions to all branches of social security are paid correctly.

The Employment Agency uses tax audits to check whether you comply with the regulations.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page