For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Declaration of adoption applicants that they are willing to adopt the child proposed to them.

If you are interested in adopting a child from abroad and a child can be proposed for adoption, you will be asked by the foreign agency to make a declaration that you are willing to adopt that child.

A certain form is prescribed for this declaration. The declaration must be "publicly notarized". This notarization can be done in a notary's office or in a youth welfare office. The notarization in the Youth Welfare Office is free of charge. There are costs for notarization in a notary's office.

If you agree to adopt the child proposed to you, you are obliged to reimburse various public benefits provided to the child. This obligation exists for a maximum of six years and ends with an adoption of the child.

There is no obligation to reimburse services provided to the child if the child is already living in your household but has not yet been adopted. In these cases, you only have to pay a cost contribution to the extent that parents would have to. The same applies to benefits that would also have to be granted if the child were already living in your household.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page