For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Deregister companies for tax purposes

In the event of provisional or permanent cessation or transfer of a

  • commercial activity,
  • self-employed (freelance) activity or
  • agricultural and forestry activities

the tax office needs immediate information. The same applies to

  • termination of participation in a partnership,
  • dissolution of a corporation, or
  • Dissolution of an association or association (e.B. construction working groups).

In the event of the dissolution of a corporation, association or asset, a period of one month after the occurrence of the reportable event shall apply. This deadline must also be observed in the event of a transfer of the management or the registered office.

If you deregister or re-register your business, agricultural and forestry activity or a permanent establishment with the municipality, the municipality will pass this information on to the tax office and you do not have to take any further action.

In all other cases, you must inform the tax office yourself. In this case, inform the tax office informally when you have stopped or relocated which activity. Please submit the contracts or resolutions related to the deregistration or re-registration.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page