For Citizens

Declaration on Maternity Recognition Certificate

An declaration recognising motherhood to a child can be certified in any registry office, at youth offices and before notaries.

Recognition of motherhood shall apply only where the parentage of a child, not married parents, is governed by the law of the State in which the child is habitually resident or, alternatively, by the mother's home law.

If the foreign home law requires the mother or father to be granted maternity recognition, it will be certified publicly. The rules apply as in the case of paternity recognition.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page