Carrying out occupational health check-ups Authorisation
Are you a doctor and would like to carry out medical monitoring of professionally exposed persons in accordance with the Radiation Protection Ordinance? Then you need an authorization. If you can prove that you meet the necessary requirements, you can apply for authorisation. In particular,
- you have a licence to practise medicine
- expertise in occupational medicine and
- the expertise in radiation protection for medical monitoring in the event of occupational exposure must be demonstrated.
Specialist knowledge in radiation protection must be proven at least every five years by successful participation in an update course.
It is granted by the Medical Association of Lower Saxony.
If the requirements are met, you can submit an informal application to the State Trade Supervisory Office Hannover for the receipt of the authorisation.
You can also apply for a written application using the form provided (see forms).
- Download and print the form online.
- Fill in the form and attach the necessary supporting documents.
- Submit the application documents to the State Trade Supervisory Office in Hanover.
- You will then receive authorisation or, if applicable, information about the rejection of your application by post.
The responsibility lies with the Trade Medical Service at the State Trade Supervisory Office Hanover.
Upon request, a person may be authorised to
- is entitled to practise the medical profession (licence to practise medicine),
- occupational medicine (occupational medicine, occupational medicine, occupational medicine) or the "course on the occupational health evaluation of workplaces for doctors to be authorised" and
- expertise in radiation protection for medical monitoring in the event of occupational exposure
The expertise consists of:
- Basic Course in Radiation Protection for Physicians
- Special Course for Physicians to Be Authorized and
- at least six months of work, including 25 examinations of occupationally exposed persons under the supervision and responsibility of an authorised doctor.
Which documents are required?
- Certificate of approbation
- Occupational health expertise or the "Course on the Occupational Health Assessment of Workplaces for Physicians to Be Authorized"
- Certificate of expertise in radiation protection for authorised physicians
What are the fees?
Fee: 250,00 EURPayment in advance: No
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The authorisation is valid nationwide and is limited to five years. The extension must be applied for before the deadline expires, providing proof of updated expertise in radiation protection .
An appeal against this decision may be lodged with the Hanover Administrative Court within one month of notification.
Specialist knowledge in radiation protection is provided by the Lower Saxony Medical Association.
The specialist knowledge required in radiation protection for the medical care of occupationally exposed persons by authorised physicians must be updated at least every five years by participation in a recognised course.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy and Climate Protection
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.