For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Separation maintenance fixing

If you are unable to agree on a reasonable maintenance amount with your (marriage) partner living in a separation, you can claim your separation maintenance in court. The conduct of such a judicial procedure is essentially governed by the rules applicable to the civil proceedings.

The separation maintenance claim is based on the recognised principles of maintenance calculation, which complete the indeterminate legal concepts of the maintenance right. For details, please contact a lawyer.

Further information can also be found in the maintenance guidelines of the Higher Regional Courts.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page