For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Divorce application decision

In order to terminate your existing marriage, you must apply for divorce in the Family Court. You must be represented by a lawyer. There is no legal obligation to approve the divorce application.

The Family Court shall issue a divorce if the legal requirements are met. In the case of a consensual divorce application by both spouses or the consent of the defendant to divorce, the district court, provided that the so-called separation year has been experienced, will divorce the marriage. In the case of disputed proceedings, the court shall decide within the meaning of the law on the basis of the situation in the individual case.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page