For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Import and export of protected plant and animal species, apply for authorisation

The authorisation requirement covers live and dead animals and plants and parts or products with components thereof.

You can also apply for the following CITES special permits:

  • Certificate for musical instruments,
  • Certificate for travelling exhibitions,
  • Sample collection certificate and
  • Travel certificate for pets of protected species

You must present the granted permit at the import or export customs office for customs clearance under species protection law.

You will also need permission if you wish to re-import or re-import the specimen.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page