Determination of helplessness and the levels of the care allowance for war victims
If you are helpless as a result of an injury, you can apply for a monthly care allowance.
Helplessness is assumed, for example, in the case of these health disorders, which are recognized as consequences of damage:
- Blindness and profound visual impairment
- Spinal cord injury and other disabilities that require the use of a wheelchair on a permanent and permanent basis, even within the living space
- Brain damage, seizure disorders, mental retardation and psychoses, if these health disorders alone cause a degree of damage consequences (GdS) of 100
- Loss of two or more limbs, excluding lower leg or foot amputation on both sides
For the determination of helplessness and the levels of the care allowance, the principles laid down in the Health Care Medicine Ordinance (VersMedV) apply.
You are considered helpless if you permanently need outside help for a series of frequently and regularly recurring activities to secure your personal existence.
This also applies if:
- the need for help in the form of monitoring or guidance
- the assistance does not have to be provided on a permanent basis, but a constant readiness to provide assistance is required.
The examination of whether and, if so, to what extent there is helplessness due to the injury is usually carried out by means of a medical assessment (possibly as part of a home visit).
The supply according to the Federal Supply Act and the ancillary laws has been transferred by the legislature to the services of the war victim care. These are the state health care offices, pension offices, orthopaedic care centres and health care centres.
- Helplessness must be present
Which documents are required?
- Documents for the determination of helplessness (report from the medical service of the health/nursing care fund, if available)
What are the fees?
Fee: free of charge
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.