Provision of medical treatment to victims of war
As an injured person, you are entitled to medical treatment for recognised health disorders. If you are severely disabled, benefits will also be granted for non-care ailments if and to the extent that they are not ensured otherwise (e.g. by membership in the statutory health insurance); under the same conditions, the family members and caregivers of the severely disabled as well as all surviving dependents can claim medical treatment .
The type and scope of the benefits are generally the same as those provided by statutory health insurance.
The curative treatment includes
- outpatient medical and dental treatment,
- supply of medicines and bandages,
- Provision of remedies including physiotherapy, exercise therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy, as well as spectacle lenses and contact lenses
- provision of dentures,
- treatment in a hospital (hospital treatment),
- treatment in a rehabilitation facility,
- home nursing,
- Provision of aids,
- stress testing and occupational therapy,
- non-medical socio-paediatric services,
- Psychotherapy as medical and psychotherapeutic treatment and sociotherapy.
Medical and medical treatment services are generally provided upon request. The following benefits are provided directly by the responsible pension office and must be applied for there:
- Exercise therapy
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Load testing
- Occupational therapy
- spa treatments,
- Substitute services,
- Physical exercises for the disabled,
- Flat rate for wear and tear of clothes and linen
- All other services are provided by the health insurance fund for the administration of care.
- If an eligible person is not a member of a health insurance company, they can contact a statutory health insurance company of their choice.
- Health disorders recognised as a consequence of injury or caused by a recognised consequence of injury (causality)
Which documents are required?
- Application (informally possible)
- Notification of recognition as an injured or severely disabled person
- Health insurance card
- Certificate of the consequences of injury by the pension authority
What are the fees?
If only the consequences of injury are treated, no co-payments and deductibles may be charged.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Services are only provided upon request.
As a rule, medical treatment is provided immediately. Certain benefits (e.g. orthopaedic care, dentures) must be examined in an approval procedure and should therefore be applied for in good time.
Applications / forms
- informal application is possible
- Forms can be requested from the competent authority according to the respective state law or are already stored on the homepage.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.